We hand pick our bands with only one criterion in mind; we've gotta love 'em!
Pick 'n' mix a lineup from our bands or ask for a recommended lineup and rest assured your night will go down like a...Led zeppelin.
Click on the images to hear each artist.
THE BAND IN A BREATH; 'An entrancing live presence, Fable and her 5 pc band sing dark, glistening synth-pop gems. She has been called a female Thom Yorke, but she is far sexier. Gary Numan said “What a find”, we agree.
- Just finished supporting The Cult on their UK Tour
- Recently been cowriting with Orbital’s Paul Hartnoll, Archive and Bloc Party’s Russell Lissack.
- Brooding cinematic electronica- The Guardian
- Independent strong and mysterious- Rolling Stone
- “oozing the impression she was put on this earth to perform”-Artrocker
THE BAND IN A BREATH;Playing "from beginning to end with fresh ferocious energy" (Tom Robinson, BBC 6 Radio Music), Animal Noise slide effortlessly from the reflective and lyrical, to an all out electrifying, primal energy in the space of a song, leaving you wondering quite what just happened. We've never heard a trio using acoustic guitar, bass and drums put across so much power and animation.
- Played live sessions for BBC6 music’s Tom Robinson’s show, BBC Introducing Suffolk, and big festival slots including T in the Park and Bestival.
- Featured on the Official Radio 1 playlist, getting aired on shows such as Greg James, Huw Stephens, Sara Cox and Scot Mills.
- "So much energy, and great tunes. One of the best bands
I've seen in a long time. Pretty cool following too".Roland Gift, Fine Young Cannibals
- Rhythm so fresh it was verging on hardcore highlife....it was a jaw-dropping finale." Lost in the Manor, Blog Review
THE BAND IN A BREATH; Formerly 'The Beautiful Word', life affirming synth-pop five piece 'Bloom', sing harmony rich tunes about the awe of life, whilst also surviving it. Despite showcasing to head of A&R at Polydor and being adopted by Take That's manager for a little while, they are still 100% DIY, the way we like it!
- Featured as support for Ellie Goulding
- Featured at T in the Park, Secret Garden Party and The Great Escape
- "Hand weaved beautiful tunes" - Q Magazine
- They radiate with a sense of freedom that enchants and delights’ – SQ Magazine
- ‘A delicate and polished folk-pop sound’ – The 405
- ‘Wonderfully charming’ – AAA Music
THE BAND IN A BREATH;Not strictly an indie band, not strictly an originals band but once you hear them you won't care. They bill themselves as 'everybody's favourite TV theme tunes covers band'. Our favourite is 'The Bill' complete with 'cops and robbers' costumes. A student favourite!
- As seen on London Live and The Paul O’Grady Show.
- Interviewed in 'The Independent'
- Caution; shows involve dance routines and multiple costume changes.
150 friends club
THE BAND IN A BREATH;Fronted by enigmatic songsmith David Goo, famous on the scene from festival veterans 'David Goo and the Variety band', 150 friends club are essential listening for our times. They'll lull you into a false sense of security with their charmingly unique mutation of acoustic funk, dancing you out of your facebook trance to prepare you to take on the true weight of Goo's witty lyrics. Songs with titles such as 'Airbrushed' and 'Your children will not inhereit your plastic surgery', force us to look at ourselves and our times in a different way, but still keep a smile on our faces whilst doing it
- “stunning dexterity exploring some rarely chartered territory...the group’s obvious enjoyment of their craft was iinfectious and they went down a storm”- Lost in the Manor, Live Review
- “the songwriting is impeccable.... captures something magical that only special songwriters can achieve ….Single of the week”- Alphabeata.com
- it’s genius...truly deserves respect and praise- wordsformusic.com, album review)
- “a brilliantly quirky edge...Goo and bandmate Mariya Brachova spin little gems that tell fascinating stories” - Narc Magazine
THE BAND IN A BREATH;Described by Clash Magazine as "A charm offensive of boy-girl charged post punk/nu wave energy" singing "stupidly infectious anti-social commentaries on modern life packaged into three minute explosions of fun", The Jaw are an impossible audio visual presence to ignore. A typical performance from The Jaw will feature enough boy-girl swordplay, radioactive makeup and skin on show to leave even your grandma blushing. Amen.
- "artful glam rock stompers...strong stage presence and sparkling girl-boy vocals" (Joyzine).
- "...Sure to melt your face into a slimy puddle of awesome"..."serving up a chin slapping plate full of balls with a heaping side order of ovaries" (Yack Magazine)
- Supported The Bangles, The Stranglers and Jarvis Cocker to name a few, U.K. wide tours, Glastonbury, and many festivals.
THE BAND IN A BREATH;With dark and epic soundscapes, their music has been described as 'multicoloured melancholy', but don't go thinking that means it's downbeat. As the NME said “It’s an inferno of sound that’s worth the burn ”.
- Their Single Regret reached the Feb 2016 'Mojo Playlist' and the Spotify 'Hot new bands playlist'.
- A "Caffeine-sharp new single" -Q Magazine
- "Destined for the big time, their noise rock sound is stadium fodder, their songs big, bold and brash.... man does it all go down well"- Far out magazine
- "Band of the month"-Londonontheinside.com